This enrollment agreement is between the United Montessori Association and you, the enrollee.
UMA agrees to provide the following training: Montessori Teacher Education and Certification from the starting date of your enrollment to your estimated completion date.
This is a distance-learning course. Students correspond by email only.
The tuition cost is: $2775 (see discount incentive, below*)
Application fee is: $150
Total cost of program (tuition and registration fee) is: $2925
Program cost includes the UMA online Teacher Training Manual and full access to the UMA online Student video library.
Estimated cost of 5 books to be purchased separately is $85.00 total.
Option 1- Payment in Full - includes $100 discount & application fee (total: $2825)
Option 2- Monthly payments of $555 each for first 5 months (due every 30 days). A $25/mo. late fee will be assessed for payments received beyond 5-day grace period. (Does not include application fee.)
Washington law requires the following information to be supplied to each student enrolling in a private vocational school licensed under RCS28C.10
AGREEMENT IS BINDING
This agreement will be binding only when officially accepted and the agreement is fully completed, signed, and dated by the student and chief administrative officer or authorized representative of the United Montessori Association prior to the time instruction begins.
CHANGES IN THE AGREEMENT
Any changes in this agreement shall not be binding on either the student or the school unless such changes have been approved in writing by the chief administrative officer or an authorized representative of the United Montessori Association and by the student or the student’s parent or guardian if the student is a minor.
EXPLANATION OF PROGRAM
United Montessori Association has described in writing, both accurately and completely, the prerequisites and requirements for (1) successfully completing the program of study in which I am interested, and (2) what is needed to qualify for employment in the field for which this program is designed.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY FOR DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
A student may request cancellation in any manner. The following is a minimum refund policy for home study courses without mandatory resident training:
1) An applicant may cancel up to five business days after signing the enrollment agreement. In the event of a dispute over timely notice, the burden to prove service rests on the applicant.
2) If a student cancels after the fifth calendar day but before the school receives the first completed lesson, the school may keep only a registration fee of either fifty dollars or an amount equal to fifteen percent of the tuition (in no case is the school entitled to keep a registration fee greater than one hundred fifty dollars).
3) After the school receives the student’s first completed lesson and until the student completes half the number of lessons in the program, the school is entitled to keep the registration fee and a percentage of the total tuition as described in the table below.
4) Calculate the amount of the course completed by dividing the number of lesson assignments continued in the program by the number of completed lessons received from the student. There are a total of 20 lessons. Manuals and cd/video must be returned in original condition if in student’s possession. If not in like-new condition, the materials will be returned to student and refund denied.
* If student completes 1%-10% of training, the school may keep 10% of tuition cost.
* If student completes 11%-25% of training, the school may keep 25% of tuition cost.
* If student completes 26%-50% of training, the school may keep 50% of tuition cost.
* If student completes more than 50% of training, the school may keep 100% of tuition cost.
If the school discontinues instruction in any program after students enter training, including circumstances where the school changes its location, students must be notified in writing of such events and are entitled to a pro-rata refund of all tuition and fees paid unless comparable training is arranged for by the school and agreed upon, in writing, by the student. A written request for such a refund must be made within 30 days after receipt of such a request.
NOTICE TO BUYER
Do not sign this agreement before you read it or if it contains any blank spaces. This is a legal document. All pages of this agreement are binding. Read both sides of all pages before signing. Upon receipt of application, you are entitled to an exact copy of the agreement, school catalog, and any other papers you may sign and are required to sign a statement acknowledging receipt of those.
If you have not started training, you may cancel this contract by providing written notice of such cancellation to the school at its address shown on the contract. The notice must be postmarked not later than midnight of the fifth business day (excluding Sundays and holidays) following your signing this contract or the written notice may be hand delivered to the school within that time. In event of dispute over timely notice, the burden to prove service rests on the applicant.
UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES
It is an unfair business practice for the school to sell, discount, or otherwise transfer this contract or promissory note without the signed written consent of the student or his/her parent of guardian if he/she is a minor and a written statement notifying all parties that the cancellation and refund policy continues to apply.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACCEPTANCE
I certify that (1) I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy and the complaints procedure and, (2) I am entitled to a copy of or have access to the school catalog/student handbook, and (3) I am entitled to an exact copy of this enrollment agreement, school catalog, or any other papers I may sign. I hereby agree to abide by the conditions set forth herein.
This receipt is binding upon receiving acceptance and return signature of the authorized representative of the school, I hereby agree to the conditions set forth herein.
This school is licensed under Chapter 28C.10RCW. Inquiries or complaints regarding this or any other private vocational school may be made to the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, 128-10th Avenue SW Olympia, Washington 98504-3105 (360-753-5673).